Monday, September 28, 2009

Confession: I'm getting old.

I am feeling more and more like an old lady these days. My lower back hurts, which is new. I practically can't see without my glasses, I HATE loud music and commercials, and I won't drive more than 5mph over the speed limit. I also found my first grey hair recently. Ugh. Oh another thing: I got Maddy an ipod for her 8th birthday, and I had to ask someone how to adjust the volume on it! Decrepit.

I'm glad I have my list of 29 things to accomplish while I'm 29. It's keeping me busy and distracted from how old I'm actually getting. This Friday, I am checking #5 off my list. This Friday, I am auditioning to sing the National Anthem for The Utah Jazz. I'm sure I won't get called back, but it will be worth a try for the experience. I just checked off #26 Saturday night. (Shared the Gospel with Mormon missionaries.) It went well. As long as I am polite and allow them to share, they do the same for me. Holy Spirit, show me what to say!

Even though in reality, 29 is young, I haven't had much of an opportunity to BE young. I had 4 kiddos by the time I was 27. The good news is I will be a young 45 when all my kiddos are gone. We have a long way to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment